When uploading photos to Lifephoto.com for custom products like wall calendars, it’s important to ensure you submit high-quality images to achieve the best results. Here are some tips for uploading great-quality photos:
- Choose High-Resolution Images: The higher the resolution of your images, the better the print quality. Always select photos with a resolution of at least 300 DPI (dots per inch) to ensure crisp and clear prints. Lower-resolution images may appear pixelated or blurry when printed.
- Check File Formats: Lifephoto.com may have specific file format requirements. Common image formats like JPEG and PNG are usually accepted. Make sure your photos are saved in one of these formats.
- Properly Exposed Photos: Ensure that your photos are well-exposed, meaning they are not too dark or too bright. Proper exposure helps capture details and colors accurately.
- Use Natural Light: When taking photos, natural light often results in better image quality. Avoid using the flash whenever possible, as it can create harsh shadows and reflections.
- Focus and Sharpness: Select images that are in focus and sharp. Avoid blurry or out-of-focus pictures, as they won’t look good when printed.
- Color Accuracy: Check that the colors in your photos are accurate and vibrant. Overly saturated or overly desaturated photos may not reproduce well in print.
- Photo Editing: If you want to enhance your photos, use photo editing software to make adjustments for brightness, contrast, color balance, and sharpness. However, be mindful not to over-edit, as it can degrade image quality.
- Cropping and Composition: Pay attention to the composition of your photos. Crop and frame them as needed to ensure the main subject is prominent and well-placed within the image.
- Remove Distractions: Remove any distracting elements from your photos, such as unwanted objects, red eyes, or blemishes.
- Consider Aspect Ratio: Ensure that the aspect ratio of your photos matches the design and layout of the calendar or product you’re creating. If necessary, crop or resize your images to fit the available space.
- File Size: Large file sizes are better for printing high-quality images. However, check if there are any specific file size limitations on the Lifephoto.com platform.
- Organize Your Images: Prior to uploading, organize your photos and select the best ones for your project. This will help streamline the design process.
- Backup Originals: Always keep the original, unedited versions of your photos in a safe place in case you need them for future use.
Before uploading your photos, carefully read any guidelines or recommendations provided by Lifephoto.com regarding image quality and file specifications. Following these tips will help ensure that your custom product, like a wall calendar, turns out with great print quality and visual appeal.
Check out Lifephoto’s FAQs to ensure photo quality
Personally, I never read instructions. I simply jump in and start “doing.” Sometimes I need to go back and find out if I’m doing it correctly. That’s why I recommend you review the FAQs on the Lifephoto site before you upload your photos. Only takes a minute, but will help you get better-quality photo reproduction for your photo gifts. You’ll find the FAQs and other good information about Lifephoto by clicking “ABOUT” at the bottom of any page.
.JPG and DPI Matter
- Be sure your photos are saved in the .jpg format before uploading.
- Use 300 DPI for images smaller than 12″x12″.
- 150 DPI for images larger than 12 × 12″ with an sRGB color profile.
- Try to upload your photos in the order in which you think you will use them– if including them in a photo book, journal, calendar or day planner. You can always rearrange them later, but it’s faster if they are already in the order you’d like.